Come summer time (although, granted, I live in the UK – the very word summertime needs to be taken with a large pinch of salt!), there is nothing I love making more than Vegan Magnum ice creams.
Choc mint, snickers, classic, with raspberry jam…I never tire of thinking of new, delicious variations!
This Banoffee Magnum is a twist on my basic recipe, and is made in collab with my friends at Meridian in celebration of their brand new Banoffee Almond Butter (the most addictive almond butter I’ve ever tried!)
The recipe is incredibly simple, child-friendly (my boys especially love these!) and nutrient-dense. The perfect way to enjoy summer ice creams!
Just don’t blame me when you eat five in one batch…! You have been warned…
Vegan Banoffee Magnum Ice Creams
- For the ice cream –
- 1 cup cashews, soaked 4-6 hours and drained
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 1 ripe banana, peeled
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- Pinch vanilla powder
- For the caramel –
- 12 squidgy Medjool dates, pitted
- 3.5 tbsp Meridian almond butter (I used their Banoffee Pie)
- Plant-based cream (I used soy, but coconut works!) to desired texture – I added 6 tbsp
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt to taste
- For the coating:
- 170g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- To decorate:
- Vegan caramel sauce
- Start by making your ice cream. Blitz together all ingredients in a blender or processor until completely smooth, adding maple syrup to taste.
- Spoon into silicone ice cream moulds lined with lolly sticks, leaving a small amount of space at the top for the ‘caramel’. Freeze to firm up for at least one hour.
- Now, make your caramel by blitzing together all ingredients in a blender until smooth, adding your cream one tablespoon at a time to loosen the mixture (I added around 6 tbsp – you don’t want it thin, just smooth and caramel-like!). Add salt to taste.
- Spoon over the firmed ice cream, then place back in the freezer to set, ideally overnight.
- Once ready to serve, gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a bain-marie. Stir until smooth. Remove ice creams from their moulds, then dunk in the melted chocolate and lay on a piece of baking paper to firm up.
- Drizzle with caramel and eat immediately, or place back in the freezer until ready to enjoy!