As the weather continues to sizzle (Hurray!), the boys and I are getting through endless amounts of fruit.
I don’t know about you, but when it’s hot and sweaty outside, the only tempting thing lurking in my fridge seems to be fresh, juicy fruits. Especially of the tropical kind.
Ever since I was a kid, I’ve loved passion fruit. I love the joy of cracking them open and seeing those beautiful, sunshine yellow jewels (yellow is my favourite colour). It makes me so happy to see them! Plus, let’s face it, they taste mouth-watering.
I made these White Chocolate & Passionfruit Cheesecake Bars for my boys, who are loving them right now too.
With a decadent, chocolatey base, they’re a double chocolate joy that are just crying to be gobbled up and devoured in one go.
Plus, look at them…
Don’t they just radiate joy and happiness?
These cheesecakes are also vegan and dairy-free (if you switch up the chocolate), raw, no-bake, Paleo…you get my drift. All kinds of good stuff goes into making these!
Enjoy the sun while it lasts,
Raw White Chocolate & Passionfruit Cheesecakes
- Creates 12-16 bars
- For the base –
- 1 1/2 cups walnuts
- 10-12 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped (I actually used around 1/2 cup Beloved date paste)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 Supertreats chocolate bars, chopped (optional, but delicious – use vegan-friendly chocolate if vegan)
- Pinch salt
- For the cheesecake –
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 4-6 hours
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 1/4 cup water or dairy-free milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp cacao butter, melted
- 1-2 tsp agar agar flakes
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- Pinch salt
- To decorate
- Juice and seeds 6 passion fruit
- Start by making your base by blitzing the nuts until they form a flour-like texture. Add the remaining ingredients, apart from the chocolate, until the mixture clumps together. Stir through chocolate, if using. N.B It should be sticky enough to press into a tin, but not too sticky. Add more dates if it’s not sticky enough, or a sprinkling of almond flour if it’s too sticky! Press into a lined brownie tin, then place in the freezer to set.
- In the meantime, make your filling by blending together all cheesecake ingredients until silky smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness accordingly. Pour over set base and place in the freezer overnight.
- Remove your cheesecake from the freezer 10-15 minutes before serving, then spoon over the passionfruit. Cut into bars, then serve and enjoy.