Now that we are approaching the festive season (I can say that now we are into November, right?!), I am bringing you the ultimate recipe to enjoy with your family!
This Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake With Salted Caramel Sauce is part of a collaboration with Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative.
It is simple to make and tastes absolutely delicious. All in all, a great centrepiece for any family meals over the next few months.
The cheesecake itself has a velvety smooth and creamy filling, thanks to the Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative, a crumbly biscuit base and a delicious salted caramel sauce (also made with the condensed milk alternative!) to top it.
I adore the new Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative, and it is such a versatile staple to have in the pantry! You can make all sorts with it – fudge, cheesecake, even brownies.
Will you be trying this cheesecake…? Let me know if you do!
Vegan Vanilla Cheesecake with Salted Caramel Sauce
- (Serves 12)
- For the base:
- 175g vegan cookie sandwich biscuits
- 25g vegan butter alternative, melted
- For the filling:
- 100g Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk alternative
- 600g vegan cream cheese alternative
- 2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- For the salted caramel sauce:
- 170g Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk alternative
- 25g vegan butter alternative
- 3 tbsp vegan cream alternative (eg soy cream or oat cream)
- 3 tbsp light brown soft sugar
- Pinch flaky sea salt
- Raspberries to serve (optional)
- Prepare an 18cm springform or loose-bottomed cake tin, then set aside. Start making your base by either crushing or blending the biscuits until finely crushed. Tip into a bowl, then stir in the melted butter alternative until combined. Press the mixture into the base of your prepared tin, then chill in the fridge.
- To make your filling, beat together the 100g of Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk alternative with the cream cheese alternative and vanilla until smooth and combined. Spread the mixture over your prepared base, then place in the fridge to chill overnight.
- Before serving, make your caramel. Place the remaining Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk into a saucepan alongside the vegan butter alternative, cream alternative and light brown soft sugar. Bring to a rapid boil, then bubble for 2-3 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, then add the flaky sea salt to taste (be careful – don’t do this when it’s too hot!). Drizzle the sauce over the cheesecake just before cutting into slices and serving.