Hands up who’s trying Veganuary this year?
If you’re experimenting with vegan foods and recipes this January, then I have a great brunch or breakfast recipe for you!
These Vegan Pancakes are made in collaboration with Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative.
They’re simple to put together, a huge hit with kids and grown-ups alike, and beautifully fluffy and pillowy. In other words, they are a delicious stack for whipping up for a lazy weekend brunch or celebratory breakfast.
If you haven’t tried it yet, you’ll love the new Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative – it is such a versatile staple to have in kitchen cupboards! I used it at the end of last year to make a Vegan Vanilla & Salted Caramel Cheesecake, and over Christmas I also used it to make Vegan Vanilla fudge.
Now, who wants to join me in grabbing a fork to dive in…?!
- 300g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk Alternative
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 325ml vegan milk alternative
- 2 tbsp melted vegan butter
- To serve:
- 2 small bananas, sliced
- Handful fresh strawberries, sliced
- 6 tbsp Carnation Vegan Condensed Milk Alternative
- 4 tbsp vegan creme fraiche alternative or coconut yoghurt (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour and baking powder, along with a small pinch of salt.
- Beat together the Carnation vegan condensed milk alternative, vinegar, milk and melted vegan butter. Next, combine with the flour using a balloon whisk, beating until you have a thick, smooth batter.
- Heat a large frying pan and add a small touch of oil. Drop spoonfuls of the pancake mixture into the pan, cooking until they start to bubble on top. Flip and cook on the other side. Stack on plates as you cook and use all of the mixture up (I like to cover mine with a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm).
- To serve, layer up the pancakes with slices of banana and strawberry, then drizzle with the Carnation Vegan condensed milk alternative. Top with the vegan creme fraiche or yoghurt, if using, then dig in!