This is THE most epic Vegan Christmas Leftovers Sandwich EVER.
It is a HUUUUUGE sandwich, and utterly delicious (my kids absolutely loved it, too!)
With lots of festive flavour, a garlic and sage butter and all your leftovers, it’s perfect for eliminating food waste this Christmas too!
You can make it using whatever leftovers you may have, but I used vegan stuffing, cranberry sauce and gravy to create the ultimate plant-based Christmas sandwich.
Vegan Christmas Leftovers Sandwich
- Serves 2
- Ingredients can be warm or cold, but I prefer warm!
- Four large slices bread (I used rye bread)
- 3 tbsp vegan butter, softened
- Handful fresh sage, finely chopped
- Garlic powder and black pepper
- 4 tbsp leftover cranberry sauce
- 2 slices leftover roasted butternut squash
- 2 slices leftover vegan stuffing
- 2 slices leftover vegan roast (e.g nut roast or No-Turkey Crown)
- Leftover crispy kale or sprouts
- Handful fresh greens
- Handful toasted pecans, chopped
- Drizzle vegan gravy
In a small bowl, mix together softened butter with sage, garlic powder (a pinch at a time!), black pepper and salt to taste. Spread on each slice of bread, then top with the cranberry sauce.
- Now layer all remaining ingredients and sandwich up. Eat warm or cold, with a drizzle of vegan gravy.