While I’m on the healthy lunch train, here’s another quick and easy summer recipe to try in your lunchbox!
This Strawberry & Avocado Quinoa Salad is packed with nourishing, summer produce and takes just minutes to prep (yes, I cheat by using pre-packaged quinoa – don’t judge me!)
It’s simple, healthy and delicious – and is ideal for using up any leftover veggies or fruits, too (blueberries also work well in salads, while diced cucumber or spring onions are great in here as well!)
Perfect for a plant-based picnic, for meat-free lunchboxes – or for eating while working from home!
Strawberry & Avocado Quinoa Salad
- Serves 2
- Five handfuls fresh spinach
- One large avocado, pitted and sliced
- 500g strawberries, hulled and sliced
- One 250g pack cooked quinoa
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and diced
- Two handfuls pecans, lightly toasted
- 2 tbsp flaked almonds, lightly toasted
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Squeeze lime or lemon (optional – feel free to add maple syrup to taste, too!)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a bowl, toss together all ingredients for the salad. Whisk together the dressing, seasoning to taste. Serve by tossing everything together and eating immediately!