This recipe is for all my fellow home-schooling parents who are in need of an almighty lift in the mornings right now!
This Vegan Mocha Hazelnut Granola contains a mixture of all your favourite flavours (coffee, chocolate, chocolate / hazelnut) in one easy, delicious breakfast.
With the hint of coffee flavouring (coming from freshly-ground beans) and the richness of chocolate and hazelnut, it’s utterly addictive. So, apologies in advance for that…
I hope you enjoy it too!
Mocha Hazelnut Granola
- Creates 1 batch (enough for four – depending on how greedy you are with granola!)
- 3-4 tbsp vegan butter (I use Naturli) or coconut oil – I used 3 tbsp, but use 4 for a chunkier granola
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup or agave, to taste
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp freshly-ground coffee (I used Cheerful Buddha CBD coffee)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 cup ground hazelnuts
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup mixed seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 150C, then line a large baking tray.
- In a large pan, gently heat the butter or oil until melted. Remove from the heat, then whisk in the cacao, maple / agave, coffee and vanilla. Stir until the mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the oats and hazelnuts. Fold in the chocolate / coffee mix and stir until combined and the oats are completely coated. Add sea salt to taste. Place on the pre-prepared baking tray and pop into the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Turn off the oven and allow the granola to cool in the oven, with the door open (this helps it to crisp).
- Once cool, stir through mixed seeds and chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.