They are sweet and salty, oozing with that gorgeous vegan caramel filling on a buttery shortbread cookie base – and then topped with a luscious chocolate. How could they possibly be more perfect?!
If you’d like to order Tiina’s book (for my fellow sweet toothed lovers, you are not going to regret it – you’ll find it impossible to choose just one recipe to try first!), you can order it via Amazon UK here.
MILLIONAIRE’S TAHINI CARAMEL
- Makes 16-20 bars (in a 20x20cm tin)
- For the base –
- 2 cups oats, ground to a flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coco oil or butter, at room temp and scoop able
- 1 tbsp smooth tahini or almond / cashew butter
- For the caramel:
- 1/4 cup smooth tahini / almond butter / cashew butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp coconut or light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp coco oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- For the chocolate topping:
- 115g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp coco oil
Preheat oven to 180C and line your pan. Start by making your base. Stir together the oats and salt, then fold in other ingredients until you have a firm dough. Press into your tin and bake for 8-10 minutes.
Make the caramel! Heat the tahini with the maple syrup and sugar, stirring constantly for one minute to prevent burning. Remove from the heat and stir in the coco oil and salt to taste, then pour over the cookie base.
- Melt the chocolate and coco oil in a bain marie, stirring smooth. Pour over the caramel, then place in the fridge for at least an hour to firm up. Cut into bars and devour!