If Easter isn’t the perfect time for indulging in a chocolate-eating, then I truly don’t know when is!
This Easter, you can bet that you’re most likely to find me in a chocolate-induced food coma – and I won’t be sorry about it.
Want to join me?
These delicious, fudgy Grain-Free Mini Egg Easter Brownies are plant-based / vegan and far healthier than many other brownies around.
However, fret not my fellow chocoholics: I guarantee that they are every last bit as delicious!
Rich, indulgent and a little bit gooey, they are one of my favourite Easter treats to indulge in. Between me and the boys, they last just hours!
Grain-Free Mini Egg Easter Brownies
- Creates one square tin of brownies
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed (You want one and a half cups of cooked sweet potato)
- 150g block vegan butter (I use Naturli)
- 230g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 12 tbsp aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar or light brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup
- 9 tbsp plant-based milk
- For the dry ingredients –
- 3/4 cup ground almonds
- 3 tbsp cacao
- 1.5 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Large pinch salt
- Two x 75g bags of Doisy and Dam vegan mini eggs
- Preheat your oven to 200C, then line a square brownie tin and set aside. Place the sweet potatoes onto a baking tray and bake until tender (around 40 minutes). Remove from the oven and set aside to cool completely. Turn the oven down to 180C.
- Once your sweet potatoes are cool, heat the butter until melted. Add the chopped dark chocolate, allow to sit for a few minutes, then stir until smooth and completely melted (if it won’t melt, then gently apply a touch more heat until it does!).
- Whisk in the aquafaba, maple syrup, vanilla and sugar.
- Place the chocolate mixture into the blender, along with 1.5 cups of cooked sweet potato, and the plant milk. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides as needed.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients. Fold in the wet chocolate mixture, then chop the contents of one bag of Mini Eggs and fold them in. Pour into your prepared baking tin.
- Place in the oven at 180C to bake for 22 minutes, or until firm on top but still slightly wobbly. Scatter over the remaining Mini eggs, then place back in the oven to cook for a further few minutes, or until cooked through but still gooey (mine were cooked at 27 minutes). Allow to cool, then cut into slices and enjoy. For slightly firmer brownies, store in the fridge (this is how I prefer mine – they stay fudgy!)