These vegan Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Bombs are utterly delicious, and make the perfect, plant-based edible gifts!
However, they are so packed with flavour that they’re also perfect for creating with little ones for Christmas Eve boxes, or for simply making for an indulgent afternoon of festive movies.
They are easily customisable (add in marshmallows, omit the spices), so have fun and enjoy!
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Creates 4
- 170g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- For the filling:
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1.5-2 tbsp coconut sugar (adjust according to taste)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Pinch salt
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- To decorate: Edible glitter / sprinkles / melted dark chocolate (can use remaining dark chocolate to decorate!)
- Melt chocolate and oil in a bain marie. Brush into hot chocolate moulds, ensuring even and total coverage. Place in the fridge to set.
- Whisk together filling ingredients, then spoon into half of your set chocolate moulds. Remove the other half of your chocolates from then moulds, then slightly melt the rim on a warm baking tray. Sandwich together with the filled chocolate halves, so that they form a dome. Decorate however you like!
- To serve, warm a cup of your chosen milk and place bomb inside until melted. Whisk and sip!