Is there anything more deliciously addictive and tempting than homemade granola?
It’s something that I can never resist, so it was a shock to me when I realised that it had been months (and months more still) since I’d last baked some!
These delicious yet simple Chocolate Orange Granola Parfaits (a posh term for chocolate orange yoghurt and granola pots) rectified that – and I’m so glad I made them!
They contain minimal ingredients, make the use of those beautiful, seasonal blood oranges (my favourite!) – and taste delicious.
I hope you like them too,
Simple Chocolate Orange Granola Parfaits
- Serves 4
- For the granola:
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (I use Naturli) or coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp maple syrup, to taste
- 1 cups oats
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- Two handfuls chopped roasted hazelnuts
- Zest one orange
- 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- Sea salt, to taste
- For the parfaits:
- One large pot coconut yoghurt
- 4 tbsp protein powder of choice or collagen
- 1 tsp vanilla
- One large blood orange, sliced
- Juice one blood orange
- Preheat oven to 150C, then line a large baking tray.
- In a large pan, gently heat the butter or oil until melted. Remove from the heat, then whisk in the maple syrup.
- Now, fold in the oats, zest, cacao and nuts until completely coated. Add cinnamon to taste. Place on the pre-prepared baking tray and pop into the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes, or until lightly golden. Turn off the oven and allow the granola to cool in the oven, with the door open (this helps it to crisp).
- Once cool, add to the base of individual jars or ramekins.
- Mix together the yoghurt, vanilla and protein powder – add sweetener if desired – then spoon over the granola pots. Top with the blood orange slices, then squeeze over a bit of blood orange juice. Enjoy!