This recipe has become a breakfast (and snack, for that matter) staple in our house over the last few weeks.
These easy Breakfast Cookies are vegan and oil-free, but they are also utterly delicious, full of goodness and filling too – all in all, the perfect recipe to keep kids happy and full!
They are also simple enough to make that they’re the perfect recipe to get kids to bake, too. Just chuck everything into a bowl, stir and shape!
What are your favourite breakfasts right now?
Easy Breakfast Cookies
- Serves 6 –
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 6 tbsp peanut butter (I used Meridian Rich Roast)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1/4 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 2 tbsp pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp raisins or chopped dates
- 2 tbsp dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Stir together mashed banana, peanut butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Whisk together the oats, almonds, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and seeds, dates, cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Fold the banana mixture into the oats until combined. Shape the cookies into balls and flatten slightly, then place in the fridge to chill for an hour.
- Preheat your oven to 180C, then line a baking tray. Bake your cookies for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly golden. Leave to cool and enjoy, or store in an airtight container