If you’re looking for a beautiful Easter cake or dessert but want something simple to prepare, then look no further!
This Easter Chocolate Banana Bread Bundt Cake is simple to make, looks beautiful – and tastes delicious.
It is, in effect, just a fancier-looking banana bread, baked in a bundt tin and served with vegan mini eggs. But, since everyone loves banana bread…who’s really complaining?
This cake was made in collaboration with Dhow superfoods, whose ginger powder and sweet potato powder I used here. I absolutely love their range of natural, delicious products and will be creating even more recipes with them soon!
I hope you enjoy this cake too!
Easter Chocolate Banana Bread Bundt Cake
- Creates one cake
- For the wet ingredients –
- 4.5 ripe, medium bananas, peeled
- 3/4 cup coconut yoghurt (you can also use apple puree, which should enable you to cut down on sugar!)
- 1/3 cup vegan butter (I love Naturli block) or coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2-4 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 13.5 tbsp aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- For the dry ingredients –
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour (I used wholegrain, but white is also fine)
- 1 1/4 cups ground almonds or Dhow’s Sweet Potato Powder (I used a combination of the two)
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Dhow’s ginger powder
- Large pinch salt
- 75g vegan mini eggs, chopped
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- For serving:
- Icing sugar glaze (optional – I mixed 4 tbsp icing sugar with water, one drop at a time, until I reached the consistency I wanted)
- Extra vegan mini eggs
- Preheat your oven to 180c, then line a loaf tin.
- In a blender, blitz together all wet ingredients – the bananas, coconut yoghurt, melted butter or oil, sugar, maple syrup, aquafaba, vanilla – for a few minutes, until smooth and foamy.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the spelt and ground almonds / sweet potato powder, then stir in the baking powder, bicarb and salt.
- Fold in the wet ingredients, then stir until just combined. Now, fold in the chocolate chips and chopped mini eggs.
- Pour into your prepared loaf tin, then place in the oven to bake for 55-65 minutes, or until firm on top and cooked through. However, check the oven at 40minutes and cover with baking paper if browning too quickly. Allow to cool completely before slicing, decorating and enjoying!