I’ve never been good at lunches.
When you’re feeling busy or overwhelmed, it’s often the meal that gets forgotten, isn’t it? That, or you’ll grab something on the go or something quick and easy that doesn’t completely fill you up.
However, that’s all changed! I’m someone who needs to eat three meals a day to keep my blood sugars stable and balanced (hello, happy hormones!) – and I’ve been eating these Crispy Tofu Lettuce Wraps on repeat.
Made in collab with my friends at Dhow Foods, they’re simple and easy to prepare – and you can batch cook the tofu and chop loads of veggies ready for a whole week of meals!
They’re also flavourful and packed with plant-based goodness. All in all, the perfect week day lunch to keep you going!
Crispy Tofu Lettuce Wraps With Tahini Turmeric Dressing
- Serves 2-4
- For the tofu:
- 1 x 280g block firm, organic tofu – pressed, drained and cubed
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp arrowroot powder
- Salt and pepper
- For the dressing:
- 4 tbsp smooth white tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice half to one lemon (to taste)
- 2 tsp – 1 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Water, to thin
- Dhow Nature Foods Organic Turmeric
- For the wraps:
- Organic lettuce leaves or sweetheart cabbage leaves
- Chopped veggies of choice (I used one peeled carrot, 1/2 red cabbage, 2 peeled carrots)
- One avocado, pitted and sliced
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1 cup hummus (optional – to spread on each wrap)
- 1 tsp chia seeds
To make the tofu, preheat oven to 200C and line a baking tray. Toss the cubed tofu with the remaining ingredients and bake – stirring half-way through cooking – until brown and crisp, around 22-25 minutes. Allow to cool.
In the meantime, make your dressing by whisking together all ingredients, adding filtered water to thin (until you reach your desired consistency).
- Serve your tofu in lettuce leaves, alongside the prepared vegetables and avocado and a drizzle of the dressing. I also like to spread my lettuce leaves with hummus, but this is optional! Sprinkle with chia seeds and enjoy.