Are you feeling festive yet…?
In all honesty, I’m not quite there right now, but I expect I will be anytime soon!
In the meantime, for those of you who ARE feeling merry, these Christmas Pudding Energy Bites are my first festive recipe of the year!
They are simple to make, taste delicious (I am a HUGE fan of spices – they pack a flavour punch and add plenty of nutritional benefits to recipes, too!) and make the ideal healthy after-school snack for kids. My boys devoured these!
If you feel like shaking up the ingredients, they should also be quite versatile – switch out ground almonds for oats, for example, or whatever you fancy! Although, it has to be said, I haven’t tested them like this!
I hope you enjoy!
Christmas Pudding Energy Bites
- Creates 12
- 1 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in water (just enough to cover)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp mixed spice
- Pinch salt
- Few handfuls dried cranberries
- To decorate –
- 80g vegan white chocolate
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Sprinkles or dried cranberries / mint leaves for healthy option!
- First, soak your dates in the water for an hour. Drain, reserving the water, then place the dates into a blender. Blitz until smooth, adding splashes of the reserved water as needed (I used 4 tbsp), until it forms a paste.
- Blend pecans until they form a flour. Tip into a mixing bowl, then combine with the ground almonds and spices. Stir through the date paste and dried cranberries, until well mixed. Roll into balls (if your mix is a little wet, add a touch more ground almonds), then place in the fridge to firm for an hour.
- Melt white chocolate and coconut oil in a Bain marie, stirring often. Drizzle over your truffles, then decorate as desired! Store in an airtight container for upto five days.