In all honesty, I’m a little reluctant to call this a recipe…
Actually, it’s not really a recipe at all (can you call chocolate-dipped anything a recipe?)
However, the combination of flavours is just so delicious that I had to share them with you, too! If you have yet to try chocolate, orange and figs together, then prepare to fall in love!
These Chocolate-Orange Dipped Figs are perfect for enjoying right now, when figs are at their plumpest and juiciest. They also make a great, healthy snack (no sugar added!) and are good for kids, too.
Anyway, I hope you like this flavour combo, too!
CHOCOLATE ORANGE-DIPPED FIGS
- Six ripe figs, cut into slices
- 80g good quality dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Zest one orange
- Drop culinary grade orange oil
- Sprinkle flaky sea salt (optional)
- Gently melt your chocolate and coconut oil in a bain marie, stirring smooth. Add in a drop of orange oil (to taste) and stir once more.
- Lay out a large sheet of baking paper. Dip the figs into the chocolate mixture, then sprinkle over a touch of the orange peel. Arrange on the baking paper to set, sprinkling over a small amount of sea salt if desired.