This is, hands down, the most delicious oats I can possibly imagine!
With an oozing, lava chocolate centre and with mocha flavours, this is my take on the Viral Chocolate Lava Baked Oats.
It is, essentially, like having chocolate cake for breakfast – only with that indulgent, decadent centre! In other words, it’s chocolate heaven.
They are really simple to make, too! And don’t take too long to make and prepare (around 20 minutes from start to finish). I know you’re going to go crazy for these, too!
Viral Chocolate Lava Baked Oats
- Serves 2
- 1 cup oat flour (blend one cup of oats to a powder to make your own!)
- 3 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp ground flax
- Sea salt to taste
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt
- 3-5 tbsp espresso coffee (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 70g dark chocolate chips
- Two large squares dark chocolate (I used Lindt)
Preheat oven to 180C and set aside two small oven-proof bowls.
- Whisk together the dry ingredients, then stir in the wet ingredients. Fold in the chocolate chips, then pour into your bowls. In the centre of each bowl, press down the square of chocolate, ensuring it’s covered by the mixture.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Enjoy warm!