Sometimes, all you need is a cosy, delicious bowl of oats.
And, while porridge is great…baked oats are even better, and like having cake for breakfast!
These Pumpkin Pie Baked Oats are the perfect way for using up any leftover pumpkin this Halloween.
Packed with flavour, spice – and chocolate – they’re the perfect indulgent breakfast for a cold day.
I hope you enjoy!
Baked Pumpkin Pie Oats With Chocolate & Pecan
- Serves 2:
- 1 cup oats
- 5 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 cup plant milk
- 1.5 tbsp ground flax
- 2 tsp – 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Large pinch salt
- Two handfuls pecans, chopped
- 70g dark chocolate, chopped
- For the spices:
- Pumpkin pie spice, to taste (I added 1.5 tsp)
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- In a bowl, whisk together the oats, flax, spice mix, baking powder, pumpkin puree and milk. Sweeten using the maple syrup, then add in the spice mix and salt. Fold in the dark chocolate (leaving a few chunks to add on top) and the pecans.
- Pour into two oven-proof baking dishes, then scatter over remaining chocolate chunks and place on a baking tray to bake for 25-35 minutes (this depends on the depth of your dishes – check after 25 minutes!).
- Serve warm and enjoy.