Granted, this isn’t the prettiest-looking of dishes, but it’s utterly delicious – and baby and toddler-approved!
Creamy and light, but also nutritious (avocados are packed with healthy fats which boost skin, hair and pretty much everything in between), it’s a great dish for hot days when you really don’t feel like eating much, but still want a nutrient-dense meal.
Avocado, Kale and Corn “Gazpacho” With Mango Salsa
- Serves 4
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled and sliced
- Handful kale
- 1 ½ cups almond milk
- Juice of one lime
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 small can sweetcorn, drained
- For the topping –
- One mango, peeled and diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 spring onions, peeled and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lime
- Blitz together the avocado, almond milk, lime juice, chilli flakes, coconut oil and sweetcorn in a high-powered blender until smooth, adding more milk if needed.
- In the meantime, slice the grilled chicken breast, then prepare the salsa by mixing together the mango, chilli, coriander, onion and lime. Pour the avocado mix into bowls, then top with the mango salsa.