Right now, all I want are speedy, nutritious and delicious breakfast options.
Food that I can whip up for the boys in no time at all, but which will be devoured without complaint!
This vegan 5-Minute Chocolate Granola is made in a skillet (or a pan) and is ready in…well, you guessed it…just five minutes.
It’s made using store cupboard essentials and tastes utterly delicious!
It is also completely addictive, chocolatey and a little salty, too.
I just so happen to think that you’ll love it too…
5-Minute Chocolate Granola
- Makes one batch –
- 5.5 tbsp vegan butter or coconut oil
- 5-6 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 cups oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
Place a large pan onto a medium heat, then add your butter. Heat until melted, then stir in the maple syrup and vanilla.
Next, whisk in the dry ingredients – the oats, almonds, coconut, cacao and salt.
- Continue to heat the mixture, stirring often, until the oats become fragrant and turn golden in colour (around 3-4 minutes). Turn the heat down if needed.
- Remove your granola from the pan, then allow to cool before stirring through the chocolate chips. Store in an airtight container until ready to eat.