I don’t know about you, but in the cold winter months, I start longing for spring. For beautiful sunny days, for colourful shoots sprouting from the ground, and for the grey mornings to slowly lift.
Throughout the winter (and, actually, always), I become slightly obsessed with the colour yellow. Most likely because it reminds me of the sunshine, and its vibrancy never fails to make me smile. For this reason, I’ve taken to making beautiful sunshine-eque smoothie bowls to brighten my mornings – and this Tropical Turmeric Smoothie Bowl is my absolute favourite.
While this makes a wonderfully cheering breakfast, it also happens to be great at fighting off flus and colds. You see, turmeric is one of those brilliant super foods that can add much more than just an earthy taste to dishes. Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, it’s great at this time of year when colds and flus just won’t shake. It’s also brilliant for any muscle aches and pains!
Enjoy your morning bowl of sunshine!
Tropical Turmeric Smoothie Bowl
- Serves 1-2
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1/2 – 1 banana (depending on taste)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup coconut water
- 3/4 tsp Lucy Bee turmeric
- 2 tbsp oats or flax (optional, but makes more filling)
- Coconut flakes, granola, fruit / nuts, seeds (to top)
- Blend together all of your ingredients, stopping to taste. Sweeten a little more, if desired. Pour into bowls, then top with any of your desired toppings. Enjoy!