As someone with a huge sweet tooth, sometimes eggs and salmon just don’t quite cut it for breakfast.
Let’s face it, who hasn’t woken up craving cake for breakfast?
This Coconut Breakfast Loaf (served with my favourite homamde Nutella) is the perfect solution. Not too sweet for first thing, but just sweet enough to satisfy those cravings, it makes a wonderful breakfast when all you want is a little bit of a treat.
Lovely and moist, yet totally gluten and refined-sugar free, I adore this loaf. And it tastes so decadent spread with Nutella! I also love it with homemade jams (raspberry chia jam is a particular favourite), and even plain.
Coconut Breakfast Loaf
- Serves 2-4
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 4 eggs
- 4 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
- Zest and juice of half an orange
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- Homemade Nutella, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C, then grease and line a loaf tin. Blitz together the ingredients until smooth, then pour into the prepared tin. Bake in the oven for 50 – 60 minutes (stopping to cover with baking paper half-way through if browning too quickly), or until cooked through. Leave to cool, then spread with Nutella and enjoy.