All Christmas tables need a rich, indulgent and oh-so-decadent chocolate dessert.
This Vegan Chocolate Orange Mousse Tart (With Hazelnut Ganache!) is seriously addictive and delicious.
However, it is deceptively simple to make – and takes very little effort on your part!
It is also easy to prepare in advance, and looks spectacular on your Christmas table. Although, of course, this chocolate orange indulgence is by no means just for Christmas!
I guarantee that you are going to love this recipe – and non-vegan friends and family will adore it too!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE ORANGE MOUSSE TART WITH HAZELNUT GANACHE
- Makes one large tart (I used a 23cm loose-bottomed tin)
- For the base –
- 3 cups ground hazelnuts or ground almonds
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- Large pinch salt
- 8 tbsp cacao butter or coconut oil (I recommend cacao butter)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 tsp vanilla paste
- For the hazelnut ganache:
- One jar Meridian Chocca spread
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- For the chocolate orange mousse:
- 120g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- One x 300g package organic silken tofu
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- Maple syrup, to taste (I used 2 tbsp)
- Zest and juice of one orange
- Pinch salt
Start by making your base. Gently melt the cacao butter, stirring smooth. Stir through the maple syrup and vanilla and set aside. Mix together the dry base ingredients (the hazelnuts, cacao, coconut sugar and salt), then fold in the wet mixture until well combined and sticky. If the mixture is a little dry, add in a splash of milk to loosen slightly, one tablespoon at a time. If the mixture is too sticky to handle, then add a touch more ground hazelnuts.
Press the mixture into a loose-bottomed tart tin (tip: sprinkling the tart tin with a touch of desiccated coconut or coconut flour first can help to prevent it from sticking to the base, but this is optional), ensuring you press up the sides too. Smooth your base with the back of a spoon, then place in the fridge to firm up.
- Meanwhile, prepare your ganache by gently melting the chocolate spread in a bain marie with the dark chocolate. Stir smooth, then spread over the firmed base.
Now, make your mousse by blending together the melted chocolate, coconut oil, silken tofu, zest and juice, maple syrup, cacao and salt. Smooth over the ganache, then place in the fridge to set overnight.
Decorate and serve!