These beautiful fritters are the bee’s knees. Seriously! When I first made them, I was so in love that I enjoyed them for breakfast, lunch and dinner – and again the following day. They’re such a quick, cheap option to make and come packed with flavour, thanks to the zesty salsa.
I also love making batches of these fritters and then snacking on them throughout the week. Great for ravenous tots, too!
Sweetcorn Fritters With Avocado, Mango, Chilli & Lime Salsa
- (Adapted from Tesco Food – serves 1)
- 1 small tin sweetcorn, drained
- 3.5 tbsp brown rice flour
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp pink salt
- ¼ – ½ tsp chilli flakes
- For the salsa –
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- ½ mango, chopped
- 1 red onion (or more spring onions), chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 1.5 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- Juice ½ lime
- Stir together all of the ingredients for the fritters, then heat some coconut oil in a pan until melted. Spoon 1 tbsp of the batter into the pan to form a fritter, then repeat with the remaining batter. Fry for 2 -3 minutes on each side, or until golden.
- In the meantime, stir together your salsa ingredients, tasting as you go along. Add more lime juice, if needed. Set aside,
- To serve, top your cooked fritters with spoonfuls of avocado salsa and enjoy!