Can you ever go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate?
I think not…
Just give me PB and chocolate and I’ll be happy and smiling through life.
Add some salt and pretzels into the equation too, and…well…I’ll pretty much be in food heaven.
This Salty n Sweet Peanut Butter Pretzel Bark is another delicious edible gift idea, but I won’t judge if you keep it all for yourself…
Made in collaboration with my faves at Meridian – I used their delicious Rich Roast Peanut Butter, which is the most addictive nut butter imaginable! – this is easy to make, requires minimal fuss, and uses store cupboard ingredients!
It was gone in seconds in our house, and Amir declared it as one of his fave treats ever. But, really, this isn’t a recipe, so I can’t take too much credit!
Anyway, if you’re looking for last minute gifts or vegan Christmas recipes, then this is the one for you!
Sweet n Salty Peanut Butter Bark
- 400g dark chocolate, chopped into small chunks
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 jar (equal to 140g) Meridian Rich Roast Smooth Peanut Butter
- Two handfuls mini pretzels
- Pinch salt (optional)
- In a bain marie, gently melt the chocolate and coconut oil until smooth. Remove from the heat, then pour into a lined tray (I used a rectangular baking tin).
- Use a spoon to place blobs of peanut butter over the melted chocolate (tip – if the nut butter isn’t runny, melt it slightly in a microwave first), then use a skewer or toothpick to create swirls.
Scatter over the pretzels, then leave to set. Cut into slices, then enjoy!