So, sometimes when Monday whizzes round, all you want is to faceplant chocolate, right?
As soon as your bum hits the sofa after an exhausting Monday at work, you’re pretty much ready for a vat of red wine and an entire bar of Dairy Milk.
Mondays tend to be my greedy days. You see, not only do I have the added “Monday” factor, but it’s also my Kickboxing day, meaning I need to eat LOADS. As soon as I walk through the door, I’m ready to raid the cupboards – and dark chocolate is usually my first port of call.
Anyway, this delicious Easy, Dairy-Free Chocolate Mousse is now my favourite post-workout snack. Made with nutrient-dense sweet potatoes (yes, it works. No, you can’t taste them!) and using antioxidant-rich cacao powder, plus energy-boosting coconut oil and milk, I find it’s the perfect food to replenish my aching muscles.
As a dairy-free, vegan and Paleo option, this is pretty much suitable to eat on any diet. However, even if you don’t particularly enjoy following a ‘clean’ diet, I promise that you’ll still love this. It’s incredibly rich and satisfying and gives you a real chocolate hit, without the need for processed ingredients.
Sweet Potato Chocolate Mousse
- Serves 2-4
- 3 small sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup tinned coconut milk
- 4 tbsp cacao
- 2 tbsp Co-Yo coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp cashew butter
- 1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
- Pinch sea salt
- Berries, to top
- Steam the sweet potatoes until soft. Place each of the ingredients into a high-powered blender (soak the dates for a few hours first first if your processor isn’t all that powerful) and whizz until smooth.
- Spoon the ‘mousse’ into bowls and top with fresh berries. Enjoy!