I love peanut butter. Give me a jar and a spoon, and I’m a happy girl! I’d happily eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner if I could, so this savoury recipe is my way of saying…have your peanut butter and eat it!
Anyway, this noodle dish is comfort food at its finest. Full of flavour, super healthy and fast to prepare, this is one of my go-to lunches, or dinners, for when I’m feeling lazy. Packed with flavour and using mainly store cupboard ingredients, I promise you will come to love this simplicity of this dish.
I also guarantee that my fellow peanut butter lovers will adore it, since it combines their love in one perfect, savoury mash-up.
Sweet Potato & Carrot Noodles With Spicy Peanut Sauce
- Serves 2
- For the sauce –
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos (or tamari)
- 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Juice ½ lime
- For the noodles –
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and spiralised
- 2 carrots, peeled and spiralised
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 1 tbsp coriander, to serve
- Handful of peanuts, to serve
- Start by making the sauce. Simply stir all the ingredients together, tasting as you go along. Pour into a ramekin and set aside.
- Heat some coconut oil in a pan, then throw in your spiralised veggies, sprinkling with the salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until cooked through (I like mine slightly crunchy) and then tip into bowls. Toss with the spring onions and coriander, then pour over the sauce and stir to coat. Sprinkle over the peanuts and enjoy!