This week, I’m going to be sharing more simple recipes you can create at home – ideally those using store cupboard essentials that you can easily find!
These Superfood Tahini Overnight Oats have been a staple in our house for breakfasts recently. I like to make them ahead of time – as my dinner is cooking, usually – and we then have a healthy, nourishing breakfast to grab in the morning.
And, fellow parents, I’m sure you’ll understand the need for making our lives easier wherever possible right now!
These dreamy, vegan overnight oat bowls are full of goodness but they are, as always, easy to adapt and customise. You can switch out the tahini for peanut or almond butter, add chopped fruit or sweeten with cinnamon. Whatever takes your fancy!
What are your favourite breakfasts right now?
Superfood Tahini Overnight Oats
- Serves 2 –
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup plant-based milk of choice
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp mixed seeds (I used sunflower and pumpkin)
- 1 tbsp milled hemp (or flax) – I used Linwoods
- 2-3 tbsp tahini (to taste)
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tbsp maple syrup (or more, to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To serve –
- Fresh fruits
- Stir together all ingredients until combined, then cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- Serve from the fridge topped with fruits of choice. Add a splash more milk, if a thinner texture is desired.