At the weekend, the UK was greeted by glorious, scorching hot sun.
While this may not sound that unusual – it is August, after all! – it was the first few days of sunshine we’d enjoyed for a long time. Almost the entire summer, in fact. Plus, it was a bank holiday – and we rarely enjoy hot bank holidays in this country!
So, as you can imagine, the second the sun peeked out from behind those fluffy August clouds, I ran to the kitchen to make ice cream to celebrate.
I hadn’t intended to make ice creams. After all, just a few days before, I had been snuggled up in my winter jumpers! So, I had to make do with what was in my fridge and freezer, and these were the result.
Delicious, simple Mango & Lime Ice Creams.
These ice creams are beautifully simple to make, and most of you will have everything to hand (or at least in your food cupboard!) already.
All you need is cashews, coconut milk, mango, lime and your sweetener of choice and you’re ready to go! I also added a teeny sprinkling of turmeric to these for the anti-inflammatory goodness, as well as the beautiful colouring. However, you can omit if you like! It doesn’t affect the taste, and you’re still left with delicious, dairy-free mango ice cream goodness in just minutes.
These ice creams are also perfect for those sweet-toothed toddlers who are hungry every few minutes and who are never quite satisfied with snacks of vegetable sticks or fruit. Great for tricking them into thinking they’ve got something slightly more sinful than they really do!
If you can’t possibly wait, then these ice creams can be eaten straight from the blender. However, if you have a teensy bit of patience, then wait your time and enjoy them in ice cream moulds.
I always love to eat ice cream in lolly or popsicle form because it feels that bit much more fun, and appeals to my inner child!
Do you have a favourite ice cream recipe? Share it with me below!
Mango, White Chocolate & Lime Ice Creams
- Makes ten small ice creams –
- 3 cups ripe mango, chopped (use frozen mango if you want to eat immediately)
- 1 tin full-fat coconut milk
- Large handful cashews, soaked in water 4-6 hours
- 3 tbsp dairy-free yoghurt (I used Alpro)
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice and zest one lime
- 2 tsp – 1 tbsp Alchemy SuperBlends Energy Elixir (optional)
- 1 tsp agar agar powder (optional, but keeps it creamy!)
- Pinch Lucy Bee turmeric (optional)
- To serve: 1/4 cup melted white chocolate (vegan if desired)
- Place your ingredients into a high-powered blender and blitz until totally smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust sweetness / mango flavour as desired.
- Churn according to your ice cream maker’s instructions, and eat immediately. OR spoon straight into silicone ice cream moulds and freeze overnight.
- Remove from the freezer five minutes or so before eating, pop from the moulds and drizzle with melted white chocolate. Enjoy!