Since it’s the summer, and we have a heatwave on our hands…we all need more ice cream, right?!
These are about as simple as ice creams can get! Strawberry & Coconut Ice Creams, made in collaboration with the amazing Vita Coco (I used their coconut milk), and tried, tested and kid-approved!
These delicious ice creams are summery and delicious, and perfect to make with children (or with friends!) this weekend. They are made with only whole, nourishing ingredients and are also dairy-free (thanks to that deliciously creamy Vita Coco coconut milk!), vegan and Paleo-friendly, too!
Yet, they really could not be easier…
This simple recipe requires little prep (simply some soaking of cashews), and just requires a blender – no churning, no stirring. Just blend, spoon into moulds, freeze and then eat!
I hope you enjoy these ice creams every bit as much as my boys do!
Simple Strawberry Coconut Ice Creams
- Makes 4-6 ice creams
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked 4-6 hours and drained
- 300ml Vita Coco full-fat coconut milk
- 2 cups strawberries, hulled
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- 1.5 tsp agar agar powder
- Juice 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Place the coconut milk in a saucepan and heat until warm. Add the agar agar and whisk. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a few minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blitz until completely smooth. Pour into lolly moulds and place in the freezer to set overnight.
- Remove from the freezer and their moulds 10 minutes or so before eating, then devour.