So, you may be thinking…”whoa, wait. Avocado and WHAT?” But, trust me, this works. And, actually, who are we kidding? Avocado goes with EVERYTHING.
Of course, I can’t take credit it for it, however much I wish I could! I had this in a small, local cafe close to my home (not on social!) and knew I had to recreate it straight away. It was beyond delicious.
The sweetness of the juicy strawberries works really well with the creamy avocado in this recipe, and makes for the perfect summery pasta salad. Combine this with my favourite Rizopia brown rice pasta, and you’re in for a real treat – and a hefty nutritional punch.
This pasta salad may look pretty, but it’s full of complex carbs and healthy fats. The perfect way to refuel for the afternoon!
I hope you love this as much as I do…
Strawberry & Avocado Summer Pasta Salad
- Serves 2
- 200g Rizopia brown rice pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 punnet strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 3 cups mixed green leaves
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1.5 tsp freshly-chopped mint
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and coconut sugar into a small saucepan, whisk until combined, then heat until it comes to the boil. Turn down the heat until it thickens (this is a balsamic reduction) but remains thin enough to drizzle, then remove from the heat – five to ten minutes.
- Tip your cooked, cooled pasta into a large bowl, then toss through the green leaves, mint, strawberries and avocado, stirring well to combine. Season to taste, then toss through the olive oil and balsamic reduction until combined. Serve in bowls and enjoy.