Now, more than ever before, we want quick, easy recipes.
Foods that are comforting but fast to pull together, with minimal fuss and even less ingredients!
These Minty Smashed Peas on toast are one of my favourite quick lunches right now. They are full of spring flavours, but still taste comforting, and they are made with staple, freezer ingredients.
They are also budget-friendly and vegan (of course!).
The perfect fast, fresh and healthy lunch!
Love and light,
Smashed Minty Peas on Toast
- Serves 1 –
- 2 spring onions, plus one more to serve
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups frozen peas
- 1-2 tbsp coconut yoghurt (can sub for yoghurt of choice)
- Few sprigs fresh mint, finely chopped (add to taste – I actually used a handful)
- Juice 1/2 lemon or lime
- Chilli flakes to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To serve –
- 2 slices toast
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
Start by heating a small drizzle of oil in a pan. Add the two spring onions and garlic and heat, stirring often, until lightly golden. Add in the peas and cook until the peas have defrosted and are warm and cooked through.
- Remove from the heat, then place into a blender. Spoon in your coconut yoghurt and mint. Pulse until the peas begin to break down but still have a little texture to them. Add the lemon or lime, chilli flakes and salt and pepper to taste, adding a touch more mint if desired. Blend once more until combined.
- Prepare two slices of toast and serve warm, topped with the smashed peas.