One more recipe, just in time for Pancake Day – and this is one for all my traditional crepe lovers!
These simple Vegan Crepes are made in a blender (hurrah – no mess, no faffing!) and are also created using every day store cupboard ingredients.
You can serve them any way you want, and they are easily customisable, but I love mine with thick coconut yoghurt, fresh citrus (both oranges and lemons) and drizzles of maple syrup.
Simple Vegan Crepes
- Serves 2 –
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 1/2 cups spelt or buckwheat flour
- 1.5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp melted butter or Meridian cashew butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- To serve – coconut yoghurt, citrus fruits and citrus juice, maple syrup
- Place all your ingredients into a blender and blitz completely smooth.
- Once ready to make, heat a touch of butter in a non-stick pan until melted and hot. On a medium heat, spoon a touch of the mixture into the pan, swirling the pan to ensure even coverage. Cook until the pancake is firm and starting to bubble, then flip and cook on the other side for an extra few minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture. Serve topped with citrus, coconut yoghurt and maple syrup.