By now, I’m sure everyone has made delicious Kale chips – especially of the “cheesy” variety! Yet, I couldn’t resist posting this recipe still, since it’s one of my absolute favourites.
The perfect healthy snack, full of fibre, healthy fats and yummy greens. Oh, and vegan-friendly too! The wonders of Nutritional Yeast, eh…?
Simple “Cheesy” Kale Chips
- Makes 4-6 servings (if you can resist!)
- 1 200g pack kale, washed, dried and stems removed
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 – 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat your oven to 150C and line a large baking tray.
- Place the cashews into a blender and blitz into a fine, flour-like powder. Add in the Nutritional Yeast, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and salt and pulse to combine. Set aside.
- Tip your kale into a large bowl, then drizzle over the oil. Massage it into the kale using your hands.
- Add the cashew mix into the bowl of kale, and massage with the “cheesy” flavourings. Sprinkle with some extra Nutritional yeast, if you like it extra cheesy, then tip onto the baking sheet. Sprinkle over your salt, then bake for 12 minutes, before removing from the oven and turning the kale chips.
- Bake for a further 7-10 minutes, until crisp, then remove and allow to cool completely. Enjoy!