The other week, I asked some of my Instagram followers what kind of recipes they’d like to see.
The overwhelming response was that you’d like more fast, easy lunches, as well as quick dinners. So, over the next few weeks – months, probably, knowing me! – I’m making it my mission to bring you some healthy, nourishing, yet easy meals.
This Roasted Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad is a great lunch to prepare on Sundays to have on hand for the rest of the week – especially if you double it up!
With a creamy, dreamy lemon-tahini dressing, it’s full of flavour and nutrient dense, yet super simple to prepare!
Above all, it’s quick – all you really need to do is wait patiently while your sweet potato cooks!
It also travels brilliantly in lunch boxes or bentos for work lunches or even picnics, assuming you have somewhere to store that dressing anyway!
Plus, just look at all the goodness you’ll be enjoying in that one quick meal…
We have healthy fats, complex carbs, protein and lots and lots of detoxifying greens! And we all know that we need to eat more greens, right?!
If you want to bulk it up a little or ramp up the protein, then simply add in some cooked tofu or tempeh (or meat or boiled eggs, if you aren’t vegan!) and you’re ready to go!
Enjoy your new favourite lunch!
Roasted Sweet Potato & Quinoa Salad With Tahini Lemon Dressing
- Serves 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tsp Ross & Ross Veggie Rub Number 5 (or use paprika)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (I recommend cooking in vegetable stock)
- 5 large handfuls spinach
- 2 handfuls rocket
- 1 large avocado, peeled and chopped
- Small handful parsley, finely chopped
- 5 tbsp pomegranate arils
- For the lemon tahini dressing –
- 4 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice half to one lemon (to taste)
- 2 tsp – 1 tbsp maple syrup (to taste)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Water, to thin
- Preheat the oven to 210C, then line a large baking tray. In a mixing bowl, toss together your sweet potato cubes with a drizzle of oil (I used 1 tbsp olive oil), along with the paprika and sea salt and black pepper to taste. Place on the baking tray and roast for 15 minutes, before turning and roasting for a further 10-15 minutes, or until crisp on the outside and fluffy inside. Set aside.
- In the meantime, make your tahini dressing by whizzing all ingredients together in a small processor (alternatively, just mix with a fork!). Add a tablespoon of water at a time until you reach your desired consistency, then season to taste.
- Make your salad by tossing together the cooked quinoa, spinach, rocket, avocado, pomegranate, chopped parsley and cooked sweet potato. Serve warm or cold, drizzled with tahini dressing.