Anyone who knows me will be able to tell you that I love my food. Give me a bowlful of food, and I’m usually happy and perfectly content.
Most days, I will eat quite a lot. I have a huge appetite and get hungry pretty easily, and can devour huge breakfasts and dinners. Yet, lunches…sometimes, lunches slip me by.
It’s not done on purpose. It just seems to get forgotten and lost among my manic days of three little ones and work. However, I know it’s not good, and I know I need to eat lunch every day!
Because of that, I’ve made more of an effort lately to be mindful when it comes to eating lunch. With that in mind, I decided to create these beautiful Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Wraps With Avocado Cream.
These rainbow wraps are vegan-friendly and gluten-free, too (if you use the right wraps – I like to make my own!), and are the perfect lunchtime rocket fuel. To make my life easier, I try to make up huge batches of the roasted chickpea mix and avocado cream so I always have something to hand. So far, so good!
What are your favourite lunches?
Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Wraps With Avocado Cream
- Serves 2
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- For the avocado dressing –
- 1 ripe, small avocado, skin and pit removed
- 3-4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1/2 cup water or coconut milk
- 2 handfuls coriander, chopped
- 1 minced garlic clove
- Juice 1/2 lime (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To serve –
- 4 gluten-free tortillas or pittas
- 1/4 red cabbage, shredded
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and spiralised
- 1/3 cup sweetcorn
- Fresh coriander and lime, to serve
- Optional: 4 capsules Unbeelieveable Health
- Preheat your oven to 200C, then line a baking tray. Drain the chickpeas and place them in a mixing bowl with the chopped cauliflower. Toss through the olive oil, spices and some seasoning (I used just salt), stirring to coat. Turn onto the baking tray and bake for around 20 minutes, turning half-way.
- In the meantime, make your avocado sauce by blitzing all ingredients until smooth, adding more water to loosen if needed. Set aside until ready to serve.
- Once ready to eat, spoon the chickpea mixture onto your wraps, then add your red cabbage, avocado, carrot and sweetcorn. Drizzle over the avocado sauce, then serve and devour. Enjoy!