Regular readers will know that I have a real thing for Nutella.
I make cookies with it, I make cheesecake with it, I swirl banana bread with it. Heck, I’ve even been known to plant my face in it.
Anyway, whenever I have a tub of cacao powder staring longingly at me from my baking cupboard, it’s this I always want to try. In fact, is there ever a time and a place where you don’t want a healthy, free-from brownie which tastes exactly like Nutella?
These no-bake (and raw) Nutella Protein Brownies are absolute heaven. They taste every bit as delicious as Nutella, but in a good, honest, healthy way. Made with roasted hazelnuts, cacao, coconut oil and not much else, they’re a pretty special guilt-free treat that everyone can enjoy.
If you love everyone’s favourite chocolate spread, then you need to go and make these right now.
Raw Nutella Brownies
- For the raw brownies –
- 1 ½ cups hazelnut meal
- ½ cup cacao
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp stevia (to taste)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
- Pinch salt
- For the ganache –
- 1/3 cup cacao
- 2 tbsp Coyo yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
- 1.5 tbsp stevia
- To make the raw brownie, pulse together the ingredients in a food processor until well-combined and sticking together. If needed, add a touch more coconut oil. Press the mixture down into a ready-lined loaf tin, then place in the freezer to firm up.
- Once the brownie bites are firm, start making the ganache by simply combining all ingredients in a bowl (sweeten more or less, depending on taste, or make it runnier by adding more coconut oil or coyo, or thicker by adding more cacao. Spread the ganache over the brownie, then place in the fridge to set. Cut into bite sized chunks and sprinkle with coconut sugar before eating.