Is there such a thing as too many ice cream recipes?
I don’t think so – at least, I hope not! – because ice creams are one of my favourite things to make in the summer.
I love how simple they are to create, how quickly you can toss it all together. And, of course, sitting in the sunshine with a good book and a homemade ice cream can’t really be beaten!
These Vegan White Chocolate & Raspberry “Magnum” ice creams are great if you have lots of berries lying around!
They are also easy to make sugar-free and Paleo, if you want (I’ve made them a bunch of times without white chocolate).
These are also a huge hit with kids (why is it kids always love anything involving white chocolate?!), especially when we’d been fruit picking and had hand-picked the raspberries ourselves.
I think you can see from the pictures below that the ice cream – made from cashews and coconut cream – turned out to be creamy, dreamy and delicious!
The perfect treat now that we finally have summer back!
Raspberry & White Chocolate “Magnums”
- Creates 10 mini ice creams –
- 1 cup cashews, soaked in water 4-6 hours and drained
- 1 cup coconut cream (NOT creamed coconut)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Sweetener of choice, to taste (I used 2.5 tbsp Xylitol)
- To coat –
- 150g dairy-free white chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Prepare ice cream moulds by inserting lolly sticks.
- Start by making your ice cream. Place the cashews, coconut cream, raspberries, vanilla and sweetener into a blender and blitz until completely smooth.
- Spoon the mixture into your pre-prepared moulds and place the ice creams in the freezer overnight.
- Next, gently melt your white chocolate in a bain marie (make sure the glass bowl is completely dry) until smooth (go gently – white chocolate can be tricky to melt!) Dunk your ice creams into the melted chocolate, then place on baking paper to set (this will happen almost instantly). Leave ice creams out of the freezer for 10 minutes or so before eating.