Just incase you need some colour – and dessert! – in your life right now, I thought I’d bring you these Raspberry & White Chocolate Baked Doughnuts.
Not only are they delicious and far healthier than standard, fried doughnuts, these are the perfect baking project to make at home during lockdown with the kids (the only home schooling I’m enjoying, TBH!).
They are also Oil-Free and Vegan, and pretty spectacularly pretty – just look at that raspberry white chocolate!
Hope you enjoy them too!
Raspberry & White Chocolate Baked Doughnuts
- Creates 10 mini doughnuts
- 1 large, ripe banana, peeled
- 3 tbsp smooth peanut butter (I used Meridian)
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- 1/3-1/2 cup coconut sugar (to taste)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 4 tbsp aquafaba (chickpea brine)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- For the dry ingredients –
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Small handful fresh raspberries, chopped
- To top (optional) –
- 100g melted white chocolate (I used vegan raspberry white chocolate)
- Start by preheating your oven to 180C. If not using a silicone mini doughnut tray, lightly grease your tray. If using a silicone mould, don’t worry about this!
- In a blender, blitz together the banana, peanut butter, mylk, coconut sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and aquafaba for a few minutes, until smooth and creamy.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together all dry ingredients. Fold in the wet mixture until combined, then stir in the raspberries. Spoon or pipe the mix into your moulds, filling to about 3/4 of the way full, then place into the oven to bake for 11-12 minutes, or until lightly golden and firm on top. Allow to cool completely before eating.
- If desired, top with 100g melted chocolate and sprinkles!