As a busy mum, my mornings are always hectic. There’s getting all three boys out of bed (often dragging Leo), making their own, individual breakfasts, heating coffee (a mum essential), exercising, checking work emails…all to fit in before I’ve even managed to eat something myself!
For this reason, I love breakfasts I can easily make the night before, and overnight oats are a staple. As a nut butter addict, there’s no better combination for me then these creamy Peanut Butter overnight oats. Swirled with fruity, tangy layers of raspberry chia jam, they’ll keep you going til lunchtime, no problem.
Peanut Butter and Chia Jam Overnight Oats
- For the chia jam –
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp sweetener of choice (optional)
- For the oats –
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 2 – 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1.5 tbsp maple syrup
- Start by making your jam. In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, gently heat the raspberries with the water, stirring every now and again to stop them from catching. Heat until the raspberries start to break down and liquidise, then remove from the heat. Stir in the chia seeds and sweetener, then leave to cool before placing in a bowl and popping in the fridge to thicken.
- To make your oats, stir together all the ingredients, then spoon ½ of the mixture into a small jar. Cover with some of the chia jam, then repeat with the remaining peanut butter oats and jam. Place in the fridge overnight.
- Cover with your toppings of choice (I recommend banana. And chocolate. Always chocolate.) and eat!