You can never have too many brownie recipes, can you?
Especially when they are flourless, grain-free and crunchy peanut butter is involved…
These delicious, indulgent Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies are another collaboration with Meridian to celebrate the launch of their brand new (and extra addictive) Rich Roast Super Crunchy Peanut Butter.
They are a chocolate and peanut butter lover’s dream, and – be warned – are utterly addictive!
However, feel free to over-indulge and enjoy as many brownies as you like! They are completely gluten-free, Paleo, vegan, flourless and grain-free. Yet, don’t let this put you off! Made with black beans and real chocolate, they are still incredibly fudgy and chocolatey rich.
All in all, a perfect brownie that can be enjoyed on most free-from diets…
Are you ready for chocolate peanut butter heaven?!
Flourless Peanut Butter Crunch Brownies
- For the brownies –
- 3/4 cup coconut oil or butter
- 160g dark chocolate, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup aquafaba
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- One tin (400g) black beans, drained
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2.5 tbsp cacao powder
- Large pinch salt (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- For the peanut butter dough –
- 5 tbsp peanut butter (I used Meridian Rich Roast Super Crunchy Peanut Butter)
- 5 tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp aquafaba
- To top –
- 3-4 tbsp crunchy peanut butter (I used Meridian Rich Roast Super Crunchy)
- Start with preheating your oven to 160C, then you can get started with your peanut dough and brownies!
- To make the peanut dough, simply mix all ingredients together until combined. Set aside.
- Now for your brownies. Gently melt your coconut oil or butter in a pan until liquified. Remove from the heat, then add the chocolate chunks. Cover and allow to stand for a few minutes. Whisk smooth until the chocolate has completely melted.
- Whisk the aquafaba and coconut sugar into the chocolate mixture and set aside for a few minutes.
- Add the black beans to a high-speed blender. Pour in the chocolate mix, then blend until completely smooth.
- Tip into a mixing bowl, then stir in the cacao, coconut flour, salt and vanilla. Allow to stand for five minutes – you want the mixture to fall in a “soft dollop” from the mixing spoon. If it’s too runny, add in a touch more coconut flour.
- Spoon into a lined brownie tin, then add dollops of the peanut dough. Mix into the mixture so that there are dollops of peanut dough throughout, then spoon on top the additional tablespoons of crunchy PB.
- Place in the oven to bake for 24-27 minutes, or until the brownie is firm on top but slightly gooey inside. Remove from the oven, allow to cool and then place in the fridge until ready to cut and enjoy.