I first made this recipe as an experiment with the boyfriend.
It turned out to be so good that we made it again, and again, and again.
Now, we have these finger-lickin’ Crispy Chicken Thighs every single week. Without fail. In fact, whenever we have chicken thighs in the fridge, they never last – we simply dive straight on in and make this.
And it’s so good, that we always lick our fingers clean.
Anyway, this crispy skin chicken is incredibly easy to make and utterly delicious, yet it’s also very cheap too (chicken thighs are one of the cheapest cuts of meat you’ll find in the supermarket yet, actually, one of the tastiest). In fact, I’d wage a guess that it’s the perfect family meal.
The chicken is healthy enough to be Paleo-friendly, but don’t let that fool you – this dish is packed with good fats that will give your body and your skin a massive boost. I reckon you’d love it whatever you happened to dish it up with, but I promise that it’s even better when served up with a fresh, spicy guacamole and a whole dish of sweet potato fries.
Crispy Skinned Chicken Thighs With Guacamole
- Serves 3 –
- For the chicken –
- 6 organic chicken thighs, skin on
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ – 1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Juice one lemon
- Salt and pepper
- Knob of butter
- For the guacamole –
- 2 ripe avocados, pitted and chopped
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Juice one lime
- If the chicken still has its bones, cut them out, leaving the skin intact. Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, then massage the paprika and chilli flakes into each side also.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan until melted. Toss the chicken in, skin-side up, until the chicken is browned. Then, flip the chicken over, squirt over the lemon juice and leave it to cook until the skin goes crispy (sometimes you may need to drain off some of the butter to help it along the way.)
- In the meantime, make your guacamole by mashing together the ingredients and stirring until smooth. Add more chilli to taste, if you fancy.
- Once the chicken has gone crispy, serve alongside dollops of the guacamole, and sweet potato fries, if desired.