Oat and raisin cookies will forever be my favourite cookie.
There’s just something so comforting about them – they seem wholesome, hearty, delicious.
These Vegan Oatmeal & Raisin Cookies are made in collab with my favourite Meridian Foods’ Molasses (a great, natural sweetener that is full of flavour and goodness) and are sandwiched with a deliciously tempting Peanut Butter frosting.
They were a huge huge hit with the boys, who all adored them – and I hope you do too!
Oat & Raisin Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
- Creates 4-6 sandwich cookies
- For the cookies –
- 3/4 cup vegan butter (or 1/4 cup cashew butter and 1/2 cup apple puree for a healthier version)
- 6 tbsp aquafaba
- 2 tbsp Meridian Molasses
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- For the wet ingredients –
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 1/4 cup spelt flour
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1-2 tsp cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- For the frosting –
- 6 tbsp Meridian Rich Roast Smooth Peanut Butter
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Start by melting the butter. Whisk in the aquafaba, molasses, sugar and vanilla. Set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
- Stir together all dry ingredients. Fold in the wet mixture. Place in the fridge to chill for an hour, then preheat oven to 180C and line a baking tray.
- Shape mixture into cookie shapes, flattening down. Bake for nine minutes, or until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and allow to completely cool.
- In the meantime, make your frosting by beating together the peanut butter and butter until just smooth – do not over mix! Add in the maple syrup and beat briefly to combine.
- Enjoy cookies sandwiched by the frosting. Best eaten day of preparing.