Don’t you just love it when the simplest, quickest recipes turn out to be the most delicious?
It rarely happens, I know.
These flapjacks have got to be up there. They are insanely tasty (one to pass the toddler test, no less – those kids are harder to please than the freaking Michelin guide), involve minimal effort, AND they’re made with ingredients you’re pretty much guaranteed to already have in your cupboard!
What’s not to love?
Since creating these No-Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Flapjacks, I’ve been making them left, right and centre. The problem when your kids love ’em is that they disappear way too quickly, so I’ve taken to making my own stash and hiding it. (Don’t judge).
Of course, anyone who doesn’t have kids will love these, too! If not just for the divine combination of peanut butter, oats and chocolate. Are they not a match made in heaven…?
No-Bake Peanut Butter & Chocolate Flapjacks
- For the flapjacks –
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oats
- 2/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup brown rice syrup or maple syrup
- 2/3 cup raisins
- Pinch salt
- For the chocolate –
- 1 bar Lindt 85% or more, chopped
- 1 tbsp Lucy Bee coconut oil
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- Salt, to taste
- Mix the ingredients for the flapjack together (gently melt together the brown rice syrup and peanut butter if it helps) and stir until well combined. Tip into a lined loaf tin, then press down with the back of a spoon. Place in the fridge to set for an hour or so.
- Gently melt 3/4 of the chocolate in a bain marie, stirring often to prevent it from catching and burning. Stir in the coconut oil until smooth and combined. Remove from the heat, then stir in the remaining chocolate (this helps to temper it) and the peanut butter until smooth. Add salt to taste. Pour your chocolate ganache over your flapjacks, then place back in the fridge to set. Once ready to eat, cut into squares and smile!