I don’t know about you, but I love overnight oats!
In this house, mornings are often a whirlwind of chaos – cries of missing socks or shoes, the snooze button hit on alarms, lots of bleary eye rubbing. When you add in making breakfast for four kids…well…you can guarantee that there won’t be time for me to eat!
The days I’ve prepared breakfast the night before always go much smoother. And also mean I can leave the house with a happy stomach that’s not growling angrily at me.
These vegan Mocha Overnight Oats are also a great way of getting in your caffeine hit AND food in one.
Made using simple, plant-based ingredients, they’re the perfect breakfast to wake any grown-up right up!
With the hint of coffee flavouring and the richness of chocolate and hazelnut, it’s utterly addictive.
Of course, given the caffeine content, this one’s not for kids – but doesn’t that make them all the more satisfying?!
Mocha Overnight Oats
- Serves 2 –
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut or cashew milk
- 3 tbsp cacao (or more, to taste)
- 2 shots strong espresso coffee (around 1/3 cup – 1/2 cup, depending on preference)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- Maple syrup, to taste
- Pinch salt
- To top – fresh berries, cacao nibs, dark chocolate chips
- Whisk together all ingredients in a large bowl, sweetening to taste. Place in the fridge overnight (mixture will thicken and soften).
- Serve from the fridge in the morning, alongside desired toppings.