Are you prepared for all the festive treats coming your way?! I really do hope so – because now I’ve started, I guarantee that they’re not going to stop…
In fact, the more festive, the better!
These Mince Pie Brownies have already become one of my most beloved Christmas recipes. In fact, within a week of making them, they’d been re-made and requested by the boys four times. (I may or may not have contributed to the eating of these brownies…I cannot possibly comment…)
These brownies taste purely of Christmas!
With a combination of festive spices – cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger – and that delicious mince pie flavouring, they are the ultimate Christmas treat.
They are also fudgy, gooey and rich – everything which, to me, a good brownie should be – yet completely vegan-friendly, thanks to the use of flax / chia eggs.
They’re also a relatively healthy recipe, with apple puree replacing the butter / oil and the need for as much sugar. I also used a combination of oat and spelt flours to make these brownies easier on the tum!
Happy festive baking – I hope you love this one as much as I do!
Mince Pie Brownies
- Creates one tray –
- For the wet ingredients:
- 2/3 cup apple puree
- 170g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 chia or flax eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp mylk of choice (I used Rebel Kitchen chocolate milk)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the dry ingredients –
- 1/2 cup spelt flour (wholegrain or white)
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 2.5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- To flavour –
- 400g mince pie filling (I used Meridian Mince Pie Filling)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180C, then line a rectangular brownie tin.
- Stir together the melted chocolate, apple puree, chia / flax eggs, coconut sugar, mylk and vanilla and whisk smooth.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the spelt and oat flours, along with the cacao, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the flour, then stir until combined. Fold in the walnuts and mince pie filling, reserving 2 tbsp of the filling to spoon on top of the brownies.
- Pour the mixture into your lined, rectangular tin, smoothing the top down with the back of a spoon. Take your final 2 tbsp of mince pie filling, then spoon over the top of the brownie.
- Place in the oven to bake for 22-25 minutes, or until firm on top but still slightly wobbly. Allow to cool, then place in the fridge for a few hours (this allows for the best texture!) before cutting into slices and enjoying!