These Crispy Avocado Fries are absolutely delicious. They’re so moreish, yet also so incredibly good for you. Made using coconut flour and desiccated coconut, they’re also Paleo and can be made vegan with a flax or chia egg, so anyone can enjoy them!
They’re great served on their own, but I had a real hankering to eat mine with ketchup. Since I had a load of tomatoes to use up, I decided to whip up some homemade Chilli Ketchup to serve alongside them – perfect for a snack in front of the TV, or dished up with a massive steak!
I also added a superfood ingredient to my ketchup in the form of Moringa. Incredibly nutrient-dense and high in protein, Moringa has a naturally ‘green’ tastes and adds a huge heap of vitamins and minerals to the ketchup!
Avocado Fries With Homemade Chilli Ketchup
- Serves 4
- 2 large avocados, pitted, peeled and sliced into ‘fries’
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch cumin
- 4 tbsp shaved parmesan (you can sub for 2tbsp nutritional yeast)
- For the chilli ketchup –
- 1.5 cups vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 cup sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp pink salt
- 1 tsp Moringa powder
- Honey, to taste
- To make the ketchup, blitz together the ingredients, sweetening to taste, until smooth. Pour into an airtight container until ready to use.
- Now, make the fries. In a bowl, combine the coconut flour with the coconut, spices and salt. Sprinkle a little extra salt over each avocado before rolling in the whisked egg, then dunk in the coconut mixture to coat.
- Once each “fry” is coated, heat a tbsp of coconut oil in a pan, then fry on each side until lightly browned (around a minute or so). Dish up alongside your homemade ketchup and enjoy!