Lemon and poppyseed muffins have always been one of my guilty pleasures.
It sounds weird, given that so many others would opt for double chocolate, or something a little more…well…exciting. But, there you go. I love anything with fruity, simple flavours.
Way back when, I used to always stop by at my favourite coffee shop to pick up my favourite lemon muffins. These muffins were special because they were stuffed inside with the gooiest, tastiest raspberry jam – and I’ve been craving them ever since.
These Raspberry & Lemon Poppyseed Protein Muffins are my cleaner, healthier ode to those beauties. These are gluten-free, paleo and simple as can be, but they taste incredible.
Lemon & Raspberry Poppyseed Muffins
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 0.5 cups protein powder, vanilla or lemon flavoured (I use vegan)
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/4 cup stevia
- 3/4 cup Lucy Bee coconut oil, melted
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 4 eggs
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp lemon flavouring
- 2 tbsp poppyseeds
- 1 batch raspberry chia jam, to fill
- Line a muffin tin with 12 liners, then preheat the oven to 180C. Sift together the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then set aside.
- Blitz together the sugars with the coconut oil and eggs for a couple of minutes, then blend in the almond milk, lemon zest and juice and flavouring. Stir in the dry ingredients until combined, then fold in the poppyseeds.
- Spoon a tablespoon or so of mixture into each muffin case, then add a teaspoon of jam to each. Cover with the remaining muffin mix, then bake for around 20 minutes, or until golden. Leave to cool, then enjoy!