Although we have left the cold depths of winter behind us (hurrah!), many of us are still struggling with our immune systems.
Whether you can’t shift that pesky cough that’s been lingering for weeks, your kids are bringing home endless bugs and nasties from school, or you’re simply feeling a little under the weather, it’s about time we all had a bit of sunshine in our lives…
Thankfully, this vibrant Golden Mylk (AKA Turmeric Latte) is the perfect immune-boosting wonder!
It is, essentially, a hug in a mug.
Not only will that beautiful, vibrant yellow put a huge smile on your face, but it is also packed with goodness and immune-boosting ingredients. Plus, it tastes delicious – cosy, comforting and warming from top-to-toe!
I developed this recipe with Unbeelievable Health, who sell the most incredible, award-winning supplements. Their Bee Prepared Max Strength capsules – the product I used in this recipe – are packed with antioxidant rich, plant-sourced nutrients to help support the body’s natural defences.
Ingredients include antibacterial bee propolis, as well as super antioxidant astaxanthin, reishi mushrooms, black elderberry, olive leaf, acerola cherry and beta glucans. All in all, a must-have during the winter months and beyond – they have saved me and my boys (all of us are rarely sick) from more than a sniffle or two!
On top of the Unbeelievable goodness, I added in more incredible ingredients, each of which are designed to keep your immune system healthy and fighting fit.
- Turmeric, a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory, thanks to its high levels of curcumin (the compound which makes it so beautifully yellow!)
- Ginger, an anti-inflammatory that has been used in holistic remedies for centuries
- Silken tofu, which is high in vegan-friendly proteins and gives a creamy taste and texture
- Cinnamon, which can help to balance blood sugars
- Tahini, which is rich in magnesium and zinc to boost immunity
- Black pepper, which enhances your body’s absorption of curcumin, the anti-inflammatory compound found in turmeric
All in all, each sip of this immune-boosting elixir is packed with goodness!
Better still, it can be served hot in the winter and cold as a smoothie (I love to add mango and ice cubes in for this) during the warmer months, meaning you can enjoy this any time of the year!
What are your favourite immune-boosters? Let me know by commenting below!
(N.B This is a sponsored post with Unbeelievable Health)
Immune-Boosting Golden Mylks
- Serves 2 –
- 2 cups coconut milk (or other dairy-free milk)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder (or to taste)
- 2 tbsp silken tofu (optional, but boosts protein)
- 2 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp tahini (optional – omit if allergic)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Maple syrup or raw honey, to taste (I used about 2 tsp)
- Pinch black pepper
- Contents of 2-3 capsules Unbeelievable Health Bee Prepared Immune Formula Max Strength
- Optional add-ins: One cup fresh mango (if serving cold), ice cubes, Pinch cardamom, 2 tsp coconut oil
- Gently heat the milk in a pan. Once warm, place in a blender with remaining ingredients and blitz smooth, sweetening to taste and adding more turmeric, if desired. Pour into glasses and serve warm or cold.