This sandwich is for all the mamas (and dads) out there who are looking for quick, delicious food that their kids will love!
Made in collaboration with my friends at Meridian, this Grilled Chocolate Hazelnut & Banana Sandwich is much healthier than it looks, but tastes incredibly decadent and will be seriously tempting for little (and big!) hands.
It’s also incredibly simple to make, takes just seconds to prepare – and couldn’t be more tempting!
I hope you enjoy it, too!
Grilled Chocolate Hazelnut & Banana Sandwiches
- Serves 1 –
- 2 slices crusty wholegrain bread
- 2 heaped tbsp vegan chocolate hazelnut spread (I used Meridian Cocoa Hazelnut Butter)
- Half a banana, sliced
- 1/2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 20g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tsp vegan butter, melted
- In a grill, lightly toast your bread. Spread each slice with the chocolate spread, then top one of the slices with the bananas. Sprinkle over the coconut sugar – if using – and then top with chocolate.
- Sandwich the slices together, then brush over the melted butter. Place back in the grill and toast until the chocolate is melting. Eat immediately.